Help for Sexual Assault Victims
Get Help After Sexual Assault
If you’ve been sexually assaulted, it’s completely normal to be scared and question what happened. But getting help right away is the best way to become a survivor instead of a victim. This wasn’t your fault.
If you have been sexually assaulted, start here:
- Call law enforcement immediately. Police will begin investigating and will bring you to get a medical exam.
- Go to your nearest emergency room within 72 hours. Your local hospital can also get a criminal case started and ensure that as much evidence as possible is collected to help identify and prosecute your attacker.
- Avoid taking a shower, douching, eating, or changing your clothes before you get to the hospital. Bring an extra change of clothes in case your outfit contains critical evidence.
- In San Diego County, call the Center for Community Solutions at (888) 385-4657. The center is staffed 24 hours a day with advocates who can help you sort through your feelings and identify what you should do.
- Contact sexual assault attorney Jessica Pride at (888) 209-3277. Jessica represents victims of sexual assault throughout California and is available to act as co-counsel for victims out-of-state. Regardless of where you live, call us with any of your questions or even if you want someone to talk to about what has happened. Jessica provides free legal counsel and holds all information in the strictest of confidence.
You Have Options
Even if you’re not sure if you want to prosecute, you can have a limited forensic medical exam. The Center for Community Solutions can tell you where this can be done for free.
Even if you have begun a criminal case, Jessica can help you get justice simultaneously through a civil case. Jessica will stand up to your attacker and give you the strength you need to get through this. We recognize this may be one of the most difficult decisions you ever make, but we’re confident we can help you get your sense of power back.
Contact us by calling (888) 209-3277 to speak with Jessica today.
Get in touch
If you’ve been the victim of sexual assault, Jessica Pride wants to help you once again become the strong person you are. No man or woman deserves to be victimized in such a way.
The Pride Law Firm
2831 Camino Del Rio S., Suite 104 San Diego, CA 92108
1900 Powell St. Ste 6022 Emeryville, Ca 94608
Hours. M-F 6:00am - 10:00pm PST
Phone. (888) 209-3277
Fax. (619) 785-3414